Gloucestershire cake maker Cotswold Cakes knows too well a cake is only as good as the ingredients that go into it, therefore we take care to ensure that we only use the finest products available.
We can make any type of cake whether it is traditional fruit, a Carrot cake, Lemon, Vanilla, Chocolate and Gluten free, Vegan and many more. If you see me at a wedding fair, be sure to try my Sticky Toffee Cake, with salted caramel, it is by far my most popular cake that I make, most of my wedding cakes have at least one tier of this unique delicious flavour..
Our award winning Lemon Buttercream Cake is made with quality Lemon Extract, the grated rind of Organic Lemons, and filled with a quality Lemon Curd and Lemon Buttercream, voted as the Best Cake in the Cotswold's by the public in Bath, in a competition organised by Cotswold Life Magazine.
Our fruitcake has been made from the same recipe for four generations. We still use all natural ingredients including real butter, dark sugar, chopped nuts, brandy and quality sun dried fruits. We slowly bake the fruit cake in a lightly steamed oven to ensure a moist and delicious cake. Royal iced fruit cakes can also be made on request.
The Chocolate cake is made with quality cocoa powder, moist and rich in flavor, and not too crumbly for slicing. Our chocolate cakes are filled with a layers of chocolate butter cream, decorated with more chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache, or finished with fondant icing, and decorated as required.
The Vanilla sponge is made fresh to ensure a soft, moist and light texture, filled with a homemade strawberry jam and buttercream, whipped from pure butter and icing sugar, then covered with sugar paste and decorated as requested
All cakes should be stored in a cool dark place on a flat sturdy surface.
• Fondant Iced cakes should not be kept in the fridge, just in a cool dry room. buttercream cakes are recommended to be kept refrigerated.
• Sponge, Chocolate and Carrot cake will keep for one week after delivery.
• Fruitcake lasts perfectly well, wrapped in parchment paper, and then foil, for months.
• We have recently introduced our range of free from cakes flavors please ask for further details for your dietary requirements
• Our sponge and chocolate cake does not contain nuts but may contain nut traces.
• Our fruitcake does contain nuts and alcohol.
• Our cakes are made with vegetable fats and contain dairy products unless in the free from range,